Tuesday 5 July 2011

Okay, now I'm up to date



I made this lady, much smaller than the first, in pink plasticine before painting her with latex. I wanted to look at bodily fluids and sensations this time from the outside. Even though it's figurative I have tried to keep some ambiguity- she could have just been given birth to, alien, in a protective coccoon, wrapped up in spider silk, sweating or expelling fluid from her insides onto her outsides. My nail varnish chipped creating these red dots that look like a rash and I absolutely love. So glad I took pictures because she doesn't look like this anymore.. the latex hardened and went all brown and crusty.. which I guess at least mimics what bodily fluids would do?




SO I made a second person, painting her with yellow in areas before layering latex over her. I didn't use so much so I'm hoping she won't change so drastically.. time will tell.


This is a latex 'skin' cast from a plasticine figure. I was thinking about the body as a container, fragile, used.

No comments:

Post a Comment