Tuesday 5 July 2011

Term 3 part 2

As the term went on I became much more concerned with methods of displaying my work.




These frames were inspired by the layout and display used in the Wellcome Collection's 'Dirt' exhibition.

Here I was exploring labels and relationships of images, using keys and lines as in anatomical illustration, though the relationships were more personal than scientific and often elusive for the viewer.


I considered text, taking scientific descriptions of having a cold and its effects on the body, focusing on the invasion of the body and physical sensations.. but I'm no good with words and I prefer ambiguity so I stopped that.


Layering inner sensations over the outer layer of a person (myself). The internal becoming a cage.


I began thinking about creating a chart. I must've laid these drawings out every possible way. Here I was thinking about mapping the body, but for my final exhibition I looked more to a cause-and-effect diagram that could be read (by me anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment