Tuesday 5 July 2011

Term 2

I took the sculpture induction but by the end my focus was on drawing. However I do think sculpture was the right choice and intend to use the workshop a lot when I return for my second year.




Here I made a natural irregular form by creating a clay mould and pouring plaster into it. I then painted it in oils, being inspired by the shapes and forms to make it quite bodily in appearance.


I cast several natural objects in plaster but I feel this one using seeds is the most successful.


This is a form inspired  by images in the book 'Nature's Sculptural Wonders'. I was interested in capturing growth and change and its physicality, which worked well with the material I used- air dough, which is kind of porous and stays 'soft' for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment