Tuesday 5 July 2011

Term 2 Drawings

Term 2 was difficult, but I guess this is the start of where I am now. One night I stayed up really late drawing sensations I felt within my body or memories of sensations:

From then I continued with this interest in holes, the merging of bodily/natural forms and the capturing of growth or change.




These were created whilst thinking about the sensation of swallowing or having a lump in my throat.


I started using conte pastel pencils a lot, they're wonderful.

This is in oils, hopefully ambiguous (bodily holes or muscles, rocky mountains, flower petals etc)


I also continued drawing from nature in microscpic detail. This was from a seedcase.



This was inspired by a Painleve film, drawing from an octopus airway as it opened and closed.


This is my favourite, just the combination of inner/outer, hole/form, the slightly creepy ambiguity and character of the alien/invading form. Definitely a starting point for term 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment